“In the end, all education is self-education”
Coaching is probably the soft skills “movement” of the 21st century thus far. In principle? Individuals really do learn more and better when they can work it out for themselves…with the help of a suitably skilled and trusted ‘other’. Someone who can provide a sounding board in:
- clarifying aims
- identifying and analysing issues or barriers to change
- facilitating and accelerating new ways of working and actions
- …and, yes, sometimes being an adviser if that is what is required.
In the professions, the need for coaches can come in preparation for specific transitional ‘moments of truth’ that, if successfully handled, deliver rewards for the firm in the:
- “move up” (e.g. from senior associate or manager to partner)
- “move in” (e.g. lateral hires)
- “move out” (e.g. career change at various stages) or
- “move temporary” (e.g. before, during and after childbirth, or taking on part-time status).
It can also benefit senior individuals looking for a motivational refresh, or professionals – individually or in groups – who need assistance to embed the lessons of training or operate more effectively as a team.
People Scope coaches have a track record of delivering these services and the results that flow from them: successful promotions, increased motivation and retention, business improvement, and better client and bottom-line performance.